Moving Day is a stressful day as is without children wandering around and getting into trouble.
Here are a few way to Child Proof your Move:
- If your children are of at least school age, try to schedule Moving Day during school hours.
- If they are not in school yet, or it’s vacation time, try to have your young ones somewhere else (with grandparents, aunt or uncles or close friends).
- Try designating an empty room for them to play in to keep them out of danger’s way.
- Give them a box to pack with their stuffed animals and toys.
- Plan for snack and naps – when kids are tired or haven’t had enough to eat they get cranky.
Keep an Eye Out
- Communicate with everyone assisting to ensure everyone knows where your children are at all times.
- Keep all medications, tools, harmful cleaning supplies, or sharp/pointy objects away from the kids. Whether it’s packing them first or designating all these items to a zone that is off limits.
- De-Childproof last. Take down outlet covers, gates, etc. last to reduce the possibility of your child injuring themselves during the chaotic move when you’re not watching.